Thursday 21 April 2011

Well we have finally made it to Bali after the small hold up in London Heathrow. Can you believe the bloke at the Singapore check-in counter wanted to see printed proof of leaving Bali the 2nd time we are there (3 month away) even though we had connecting flights the other side, proof that we were leaving the 1st time and on top of that the confirmation e-mail for the 2nd time on my net book, all of this
wasn’t enough. Luckily the Singapore main counter lady sorted all this out and in the process made him look like a pratt that didn’t know what he was doing. Whether he saw it that way I will never know. Moan moan moan, its not the bench mark for this Blog don’t worry. I just don’t understand some people sometimes. Singapore airlines apart from the above are truly a great airline to fly with. More free food & drink then you can shake a stick at and the cheapest fare of them all.

The last few days in Bali have been a blur and we were both feeling a bit jetlagged, that said we did find out that the air-con in our rented jeep (Albert as Kara calls him) has some magical power of sending you to sleep; I guess this is included in the low price of 65,000rp a day? No air-con for us, time to acclimatize. Driving is still as crazy as it’s always been, but news to all that Bali in general bar the jeep hire and fuel has doubled in price. And 100,000rp being £7 it's not as good as it has been over the years, but it’s still cheap cheap.

Photography wise I haven’t even took my camera out of my bag, altought I am eyeing up some shots. This morning while surfing racetracks there’s a great photo to be had with some sea stacks (mushroom rock Dogger) and the volcanoes beyond that make up Bali. We need to find a good location on the cliff to shoot from though, could prove difficult. Sods law it was perfect for a photo this morning but I had my board not my camera, Doh!! Hopefully get that one on the card soon.

On the surf front, surfed Padang Padang 4ft and prefect till the tide hit 0.2 low and I so happen to be on the right wave at the right time to have a meeting with Mr Reef on the end section. Got a nice souvenir on my elbow, not bad for my first surf ha. That lime they smother your reef cuts with stings like buggery, but it’s necessary. Reef cuts can get infected easily over here. Surfed Racetracks today with it being too small to do its thing; the next few days are looking good for it.

Kara's new pet, The pair of beach bums :)













lihat nanti

No comments:

Post a Comment